Grand Medicine: Award Winning Health Care
Director of Operations
Gail Halko has been an owner and Director of Operations Of Grand Medicine Health Sciences Pharmacy since it’s inception in 2011. A graduate from the University of Manitoba, Gail has always worked on the business side of healthcare including five years with an International Pharmaceutical company. Prior to joining Grand Medicine, Gail owned and operated a community Pharmacy.
Gail’s role has focused on the logistics of providing high quality pharmacy services as well as drug formulary navigation at the Federal and Provincial level. In particular, Gail’s expertise lies in that space where First Nation peoples move from Provincial health programming to Federal health programming. She has the depth and breadth of expertise in Federal First Nations pharmaceutical funding, the limitations of that, and the resulting impacts on provincial budgets.
Gail Halko was honoured by Pharmacists Manitoba in 2017, recognizing her commitment and dedication to the profession of pharmacy throughout her career.
Reports & Publications
- Compounding guidelines for Nursing Stations
- White Paper: Blood Glucose test strips in a Canadian formulary environment
- Prescribing & Coverage issues Associated with Non-Insured Health Benefits
- Diabetes Education modelling in a Distance Care environment
- October 6, 2016 “The Cannabis Question” with speaker Dr. Andrea Burry.
- Medication Reconciliation Conference -Manitoba (2013): “Medication Reconciliation does not end at Discharge”.
- Hospital Innovators conference (2011) presented on the subject of discharging patients: “Successful Transition Strategies for Patients Moving from Provincial Healthcare Programming to Federal Healthcare Programming – A pharmacy’s Perspective”